Exotic and fascinating, the Kingdom of Morocco is rich in history and culture, offering travelers intriguing historic sights, authentic cuisine, and changing scenery that is perfect for value-minded travelers wanting to explore and learn about a new destination. This Morocco-focused itinerary takes in the Imperial cities of Morocco, Fez, Marrakech, Meknes and Rabat as well as some more inspiring cities, such as Ouazarzate, Casablanca and Erfoud. In the red city of Marrakesh, step back in time as you wander through the Jemaa-el-Fna, a square and exotic bizarre offering some of the greatest open-air entertainment. Listen to the storytellers-an integral part of the culture-and browse for handicrafts. In Fez, take an optional tour to see the ancient medina. Founded in the 9th century, it is one of the largest medieval cities in the world and now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. On this comprehensive and affordable tour of Morocco, you will also be enchanted by beautiful landscapes, stunned by the beauty of the desert, and surprised by the mountain scenery of the Middle Atlas. You'll also visit Casablanca and its newly built great Mosque; Meknes, where you'll visit the royal stables built to house 12,000 of the royal horses. Your tour also takes you to Ouarzazate, where you'll visit the Kasbah de Taourirt, built in the early 19th century and used as a base for the powerful el Glaoui tribe, who controlled the caravan route through the region. See the mountain resort of Ifrane; Erfoud, the gateway to the Sahara desert; and Rabat, Morocco's vibrant capital where you'll visit the relics of Chellah, a city built by the Romans in 40 AD. From the Middle Atlas mountain range and Ziz Gorges to arid desert, this budget-minded Morocco vacation will amaze you with spectacular scenery. This affordable tour of Morocco truly is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
Call (908) 238-9935 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15083871
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Casablanca||Check into your hotel. Later, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Fez||A short ride along the coast to Rabat, once a lair of the corsairs and now the country's capital. Sightseeing includes the Royal Palace, Hassan Tower, and the Kasbah of Oudayas. You'll be reminded of the time when Morocco was the Roman province of Mauretania as you visit the fine ROMAN RELICS OF CHELLAH and its GARDENS. Continue to Meknes. During your guided tour, see its monumental gates, mosque, palace, and miles of protective walls. Visit its ROYAL STABLES, originally built to house 12,000 of the royal horses. Travel east towards Fez, Morocco's most enchanting city. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Fez||ancient Fez, which occupies a position of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the exotic ancient Medina on the optional sightseeing tour, a maze of narrow, bustling streets and alleys that are home to colorful souks. (B)|
|Day 4||Erfoud||Travel today into the very heart of Morocco. Stop in the quiet, French-built alpine mountain resort of Ifrane. Verdant cedar forests give way to volcanic mountains and windswept plains as you motor across the Middle Atlas range. Pass fortified mud-and-straw villages and descend into the spectacular ZIZ GORGES. The landscape becomes progressively more arid and you enter a stony desert. Approaching Erfoud, encounter an unexpected and breathtaking surprise: the peaceful oasis of the Ziz Valley. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Erfoud||The best choice today is an included excursion to Rissani to see the MAUSOLEUM OF MOULAY ALI SHARIF, the first ruler of the Alaouite Dynasty. This evening, enjoy an optional excursion in the desert. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Ouarzazate||Enjoy the drive through the eastern slopes of the Atlas Mountains and arrive at the Tinerhir oasis with its green valley of palms and local villages. On to the impressive Todra Gorge, then along the Dades Valley. Arrive in the film capital of Morocco, Ouarzazate, where you'll visit the KASBAH DE TAOURIRT, the intricate but fascinating residence of Pasha Thami el Glaoui. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Marrakesh||Travel to AIT BENHADDOU, a kasbah famous as a film location for Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator. Pass through picturesque villages surrounded by craggy mountains towards 7,414-foot-high Tizi-n-Tichka Pass in the heart of the High Atlas Mountains. Each new twist in the road leads to a different, more dramatic landscape. Leaving the pass behind, see the landscape gradually change to a tapestry of red ochre. Enter the gates of the red-colored imperial city of Marrakesh, justly reputed the most fascinating of all Moroccan cities. An optional evening excursion is a fitting way to end the day. (B)|
|Day 8||Marrakesh||The included city sightseeing with a Local Guide starts with an orientation drive followed by a walk through the ancient quarters to the fascinating JEMAA-EL-FNA SQUARE and its exotic bazaar, BAHIA PALACE, and SAADIAN TOMBS. You'll feel as if you've stopped the march of time. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Casablanca||Leave Morocco's magical city of Marrakesh for the journey back to Casablanca. In the afternoon, see the sights in the company of a Local Guide. (B)|
|Day 10||Casablanca||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$360No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Casablanca:in single room $96, in twin $52, in triple $512020 departures are subject to itinerary and price modification. Details will be available in September 2019.between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).