2021: Best of South Africa (3840)
9 Day Tour from Johannesburg to Cape Town
From the history of Johannesburg to exploring Kruger National Park and Cape Town's highlights, your tour of South Africa is an adventure like no other. You'll begin in Johannesburg's Soweto Township to learn about its turbulent past and hopeful future. Visit the thought-provoking Apartheid Museum and Mandela House, located in the former neighborhood of Nobel Peace Prize winners, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Your escorted African vacation continues through some of the world's most sweeping and dramatic landscapes on your way to Kruger National Park area. Marvel at God's Window (a forested ravine and majestic cliffs), and the stunning cascades of Lisbon and Berlin Falls. Your African safari begins in the Kruger park area with morning and afternoon game drives through the homes of the big cats, giraffe, cheetah, hyena, gazelle, and more. You'll visit Cape Town and ascend to Table Mountain via cable car for spectacular views. On boulders Beach, you'll observe a colony of endangered penguins, then venture to Cape Point Nature Reserve, the Cape of Good Hope, and Cape Point at the continent's most southwestern tip. Your South Africa tour is an adventure into historic heritage.
Call (908) 238-9935 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15083731
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Johannesburg||Welcome to Africa! Your hotel is available for mid-afternoon check-in.|
|Day 2||Johannesburg||Today's sightseeing starts with a visit to Soweto (South Western Township), the largest township in the country. Along the way, see the neighborhood that was home to two Nobel Peace Prize winners: Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. Gain some perspective of life here at Mandela House, where Nelson Mandela lived from 1946 to around 1960, when he was forced underground to elude arrest. After lunch, visit the unforgettable Museum to learn about the founding of South Africa before delving into the apartheid era. Using photos, video, and print, the museum takes you on an extraordinary journey through the apartheid years to the 1994 democratic elections that named Nelson Mandela president. (B,L)|
|Day 3||Kruger National Park Area||Depart Johannesburg and explore the Panoramic Route known for its dramatic landscapes. Along the way, see God's Window, Lisbon Falls, and Berlin Falls. Continue on to the Kruger National Park area. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Kruger Area||The Kruger area is home to an abundance of wildlife including the famed 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo. Your skilled, professional guide will help you learn about this special ecosystem as you view wildlife up close on morning and afternoon game drives. Beyond the 'Big 5,' you'll have the chance to see kudu, giraffe, hippo, cheetah, spotted hyena, and more! Return to your resort in time to freshen up for dinner. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Kruger Area||Rise early coffee and tea before your morning game drive. If the timing is right, you might spot some of the big cats after a night of hunting. Spend some time at leisure in the middle of the day. Perhaps book a spa treatment or simply relax at the pool. Later, embark on your final exciting game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Cape Town||Enjoy some time at leisure this morning before flying to beautiful Cape Town. (B)|
|Day 7||Cape Town||Today, enjoy a full day of sightseeing, starting with a cable-car ride up Table Mountain for stunning views of the city, Robben Island, and the Cape Winelands. Next, visit Boulders Beach where you will see a colony of endangered African Penguins, known for the unique sound they make. After free time for lunch, continue on to Cape Point Nature Reserve for stops at the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point. Here, take a funicular ride to the steps of the old lighthouse for spectacular panoramic views. On your return journey back to Cape Town, skirt the rocky coastline as you ascend Chapman's Peak Drive, one of the most spectacular drives in the world. Enjoy the evening at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 8||Cape Town||Enjoy a full day at leisure for your own discoveries. Perhaps explore the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, take an excursion to the stunning Cape Winelands for wine tasting, or cruise to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent 18 of his 27 years in prison. Your Tour Director has suggestions to help you make the most of your day. (B)|
|Day 9||Cape Town||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices above do not include air travel.Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Monograms, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $235. Required intra-vacation air segment: Kruger National Park Area/Cape Town. Air prices were effective on July 14, 2020 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your vacation, air prices may be higher.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).